Re: kill-emacs and returning values

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: kill-emacs and returning values
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 23:01:07 +0100

>  #!/bin/bash
>
>  /opt/emacs/23.0.60/bin/emacs -Q -nw -l ke.el
>  read myval
>  echo "myval is set to: '$myval'"

It does not work for me, read sits there, waiting for input
and I have to feed it something to get the prompt back,
and it is what I enter that is echoed back. The value emacs
"types" is just seen printed on the terminal.

I should probably forget about this and use write-region to
write the value to a file instead, something is clearly not
100 percent okay in my setup. I am using a pretest emacs
from some week ago, btw.

/Mathias