Re: rmail-toggle-header problem

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: rmail-toggle-header problem
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 21:59:05 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> > From: Kenichi Handa <address@hidden>
> > Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 10:35:18 +0900
> > Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
> >
> > In article <address@hidden>, Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> > > I'm not sure that yanking from the full headers makes a lot of sense,
> > > though. Eg it includes the X-RMAIL headers in the yank. Would you ever
> > > want to include the full headers (all the Received: etc) in a reply?
> >
> > The reason of toggling is just to see the full headers.  I
> > don't intend to yank the full headers when I type r to
> > reply, and type C-c C-y to yank.

> But the original pre-mbox Rmail would always yank the full headers
> when you did that after expanding the headers with
> rmail-toggle-header.

I know.  As I wrote before, I'm using supercite, and with
these customizations:

 '(sc-auto-fill-region-p nil)
 '(sc-citation-delimiter-regexp "[^-][>]+")
 '(sc-citation-leader "")
 '(sc-nested-citation-p t)
 '(sc-preferred-header-style 2)
 '(sc-reference-tag-string "")

all headers are deleted by supercite.

> > I don't mind how the problem is fixed, but with your patch,
> > I get the error "Marker does not point anywhere" when I type
> > C-c C-y.

> Obviously, the bug should be fixed, but please do not kill the feature
> whereby C-c C-y copies the full headers.

I'm not proposing to kill that feature.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden