Re: How to debug "!MEM FULL!" (Windows, emacs-23.0.92-bin-i386)?

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: How to debug "!MEM FULL!" (Windows, emacs-23.0.92-bin-i386)?
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 14:37:50 +0200

[ The following message is a courtesy copy of an article that has
  been posted to news:gmane.emacs.devel as well. ]

On Sat, Apr 04 2009, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> From: Reiner Steib <address@hidden>
[...]
>> So my question is: what kind of information is required
>> to debug "!MEM FULL!" messages?
>
> "!MEM FULL!" is displayed when malloc returns NULL, meaning there's no
> more memory available to Emacs on the system.

After it happened on Emacs 23.0.92, I tried with Emacs 22.3 and
couldn't reproduce the problem.  Then again with Emacs 23.0.92, I
could reproduce it.

> So the first thing to report is probably memory-related information,
> starting with what the Task Manager or Process Explorer report about
> the memory used up by Emacs vs what's available on that system.
>
> The information reported by Sysinternals' VMMap would probably also be
> of value.

Which (command line?) tools from a standard Windows Vista installation
can I use?  I want to avoid to install other tools if possible and I
don't have admin privileges on this system.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)