Invisible and intangible text

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Invisible and intangible text
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 08:10:13 +0200

Hi,

I have a question about invisible text.

I *do* remember that in Emacs 21, one had to set both invisible
and intangible properties on text that should be hidden and
jumped over by cursor motion.

I *seem* to remember that in Emacs 22, a change was made
so that the command loop would move the cursor out of invisible
text, and so that it was no longer necessary to set the intangible
property on such text.

Apparently, now, in Emacs 23 I again do have to set intangible.
COuld someone fill me in on what the latest status on this issue is?

Thanks so much.

- Carsten