Re: Low redisplay performance (23 regression)

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Low redisplay performance (23 regression)
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 07:45:16 +0900

Willem Rein Oudshoorn <address@hidden> writes:
> M-x list-charset-chars
>     mule-unicode-0100-24ff
>
> scrolling in the resulting buffer is extremely slow.
> PgUp PgDn, C-n C-p will eat up 100% and it is very jerky.
>
> This is both on mswindows and Mac OS X.

Have you tried doing it (scrolling through the buffer) _twice_?

On debian, paging through the buffer the first time through is pretty
slow, presumably because it's rendering tons of new characters on every
page, but if I go back and do it again it's very fast (not perceptibly
different than pages full of normal text).  I assume there must be a
fair-amount of caching going on...

-Miles

--
Saa, shall we dance?  (from a dance-class advertisement)