Re: IDO doesn't honor confirm-nonexistent-file-or-buffer

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: IDO doesn't honor confirm-nonexistent-file-or-buffer
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 21:44:45 +0200

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

Hi Kim,

>> I use ido-mode, but that doesn't respect this variable and opens a
>> new file/buffer without any confirmation, even if the last command
>> was a completion command.  It would be great if the ido commands
>> would behave like the standard find-file and switch-to-buffer
>> commands.
>
> Does this patch give the desired result?

Basically yes, but I like the standard visual feedback and usage much
better, e.g. no y-or-n-p but a [confirm] after the minibuffer input and
another RET finds the nonexistent file or buffer.  This is not
disturbing at all, while the y-or-n-p is: No matter my decision, I
always have to move fingers to either y or n.

Bye,
Tassilo