Re: Emacs-Lisp Bill-Board

From: Daniel Clemente
Subject: Re: Emacs-Lisp Bill-Board
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 21:42:14 +0200

El dl, mar 16 2009, Bastien va escriure:
> Richard M Stallman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> It sounds good as you've described it.  The best way for people to see
>> if it really is that good, and suggest changes, is if some of us
>> try visiting http://orgmode.org/worg/ and playing with it.
>
> I don't know if people on the list actually played with Worg but I just
> set up ELBB (Emacs Lisp Bill-Board).  It works like Worg, but for Emacs
> Lisp code.
>
> The ELBB repository is hosted on gitorious:
>
>   http://gitorious.org/projects/emacs-lisp-bill-board
>
> I publish an HTML output here:
>
>   http://lumiere.ens.fr/~guerry/elbb/
>
> Changes made to the git repository are reflected on this website every
> hour.
>
> Please have a go and let me know if this is useful.

Hi, sorry for the delay, and thanks for surpassing the theory and starting real
projects.

  I have just some comments:

1. EmacsWiki's role is not about sharing Lisp code, but about Emacs in general:
tutorials, tasks to do, discussion, questions, bugs, …
  It seems that ELBB's role is limited to code.

2. EmacsWiki can be edited anonymously; ELBB not.
  Maybe a test user could be created and the login date shared so that people
can try it

3. EmacsWiki has a web interface
  Probably there are web interfaces to repository which can commit each edit or
group of edits

  I think that ELBB is useful, yes, but is not as easy as EmacsWiki. If these
things are solved, maybe some sample page can be imported to ELBB so people can
experiment with content.
  Maybe an emacswiki-to-org exporter is needed. Are there generic exporters
from EmacsWiki syntax to other syntaxes?

-- Daniel