Re: New emacs maintainer for cygwin

From: Ken Brown
Subject: Re: New emacs maintainer for cygwin
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 10:35:24 -0400

On 5/15/2009 10:16 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Maybe you could look at Cygwin-related bugs filed with the Emacs
bug-tracker

  http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/emacs

and see which ones of them could be fixed before the release.

I'm on my way out of town for a few days, but I'll take a look when I get back. As you know from previous correspondence, I'm not a programmer, and I have no debugging experience. But I'll do my best.

There are also a few Cygwin-related problems in etc/PROBLEMS.

This is way out of date. For example, the information about which gcc versions are needed is wrong. I'll take a closer look and submit a patch. If there are any remaining problems, I'll see what I can do.

The latest pretest version is 23.0.92, to be followed by 23.0.94 in a
few days.

You meant to say the latest pretest is 23.0.93. I built that as soon as it came out and have been using it since then, just to make sure there were no regressions from 23.0.92. I'll also test 23.0.94 and any future pretests. My reason for using 23.0.92 for the "official" cygwin package was that I had built it a month ago and knew that it worked well (at least for me), so I thought I should just stick with that.

Ken

P.S. I subscribe to the emacs-devel list so that I can keep up with what's going on. Are there any other lists I should watch? I'm not interested in being inundated with a lot of email, but I do want to know about it when cygwin issues arise.