Re: please make line-move-visual nil

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: please make line-move-visual nil
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 05:57:06 +0300

> From: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 19:50:24 -0400
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> The pros and cons of display line motion have been debated extensively,
> and I see no new points on either side of the debate.

Well, just to add a data point: I'm a heavy Emacs user for the last 15
years, and I find this new behavior very useful in many situations.
It took a bit to get accustomed to, but I find it so convenient I
never even tried to customize it back to what it was before.

> But since several people dislike the new behavior, I think it would
> be good to add an Options menu entry to disable it easily.

I think it's too late to add menu items at this time.  It should be
good enough to make its NEWS entry prominent and near the beginning,
as much as possible under the usual structure of NEWS (first
supported/deprecated targets, then build news, then the rest).