Re: longlines-mode and visual-line-mode

From: Leo
Subject: Re: longlines-mode and visual-line-mode
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 14:27:51 +0100

On 2009-06-01 06:14 +0100, MON KEY wrote:
> Respectfully, I'll be taking that one with a not too small lump of
> salt given your initial inquiry:
>
> "After briefly trying these two modes, I haven't found any significant
> difference between them."

That's my initial impression at the first time when I was trying to
decide which one is better to use. Other people's comments have made me
aware of llm's defects, which you can see yourself.

Anyway, I believe the following is useful but still missing in v-l-m, a
variable to control the width, i.e. if it is positive integer, it
controls the length of the line, otherwise it is the distance from the
window edge to the right-most char of the line.

Leo