Re: Oop customization group

From: MON KEY
Subject: Re: Oop customization group
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 17:21:50 -0400

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> can be done incrementally.  General suggestions for useful categories
> would be welcome (both category name and clear description of what it
> shoujld contain).  We could start with `major-mode' (which I'd constrain
> to be modes for use in files-buffers) and `minor-mode'.

The best approach remains to mirror/reflect the structure of the
emacs/elisp manuals ITR esp. as this allows for reasonable and extensibl
xrefs to source and documentation going forward.

The 'delicious tags' approach is _not_ TRT here, nor is a strict class
hiearchy 'multiple inhertiance' or otherwise. TRT is a thesaurus in the
z39.50 sense. Zthes offers a nice set of docs, tagsets, schemas,
attribute sets, etc. for such an implentation see (URL
`http://zthes.z3950.org/z3950/zthes-z3950-1.0.html#2.5')

The CQL, SRU, Soap, interfaces could afford mutiple paths to a
controlled _and_ open 'tagset' in the cataloger/indexer sense as opposed
to the "gee I better tag this library for custom" use that emacser's
tend to employ.

Why is it that programmers believe they make good classifiers?

s_P