opensolaris and emacs-23 X toolkit

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: opensolaris and emacs-23 X toolkit
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 16:57:41 +0000 (UTC)

Running Opensolaris 2009.6
Compiling emacs from cvs

Can anyone help me to get emacs the proper libraries for xtoolkit and image
processing etc under X.

openSolaris uses gnome and keeps X libs at /usr/X11

So I've told emacs about them... and that seems to resolve some messages about
missing libraries but not all.

Compiling like this:

 ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/src/cvs/test --with-x
--x-includes=/usr/X11/include -x-libraries=/usr/X11/lib

Ends with this output (tail):
 [...]
 configure: error: The following required libraries were not found:
    libXpm libgif/libungif
 Maybe some development libraries/packages are missing?
 If you don't want to link with them give
    --with-xpm=no --with-gif=no
 as options to configure

And even when I add the flags suggested there:

I still end up missing lots of stuff:

I'd like to have gif stuff compiled in but not sure what opensolaris has or
where its kept.. Maybe some libs need to be installed?

I'd also like a toolkit... but not sure where that stuff might be either.

Also I tried this flag:
..  --with-x-toolkit=yes

But that causes a failure before configure even finishes.

Without some kind of toolkit flag I get this:

What toolkit should Emacs use?                          none

I'd like more yes answers below but not sure how to make it happen on
opensolaris... Most of that stuff is found by default on linux.

[...]
 What operating system and machine description files should Emacs use?
        `s/sol2-10.h' and `m/intel386.h'
  What compiler should emacs be built with?               gcc -g -O2
  Should Emacs use the GNU version of malloc?             no
    (The GNU allocators don't work with this system configuration.)
  Should Emacs use a relocating allocator for buffers?    no
  Should Emacs use mmap(2) for buffer allocation?         no
  What window system should Emacs use?                    x11
  What toolkit should Emacs use?                          none
  Where do we find X Windows header files?                /usr/X11/include
  Where do we find X Windows libraries?                   /usr/X11/lib
  Does Emacs use -lXaw3d?                                 no
  Does Emacs use -lXpm?                                   no
  Does Emacs use -ljpeg?                                  yes
  Does Emacs use -ltiff?                                  yes
  Does Emacs use a gif library?                           no
  Does Emacs use -lpng?                                   yes
  Does Emacs use -lrsvg-2?                                no
  Does Emacs use -lgpm?                                   no
  Does Emacs use -ldbus?                                  no
  Does Emacs use -lfreetype?                              no
  Does Emacs use -lm17n-flt?                              no
  Does Emacs use -lotf?                                   no
  Does Emacs use -lxft?                                   no
  Does Emacs use toolkit scroll bars?                     no