Re: multiple destinations in charset mapping files

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: multiple destinations in charset mapping files
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 11:31:29 +0900

> I confirmed only symbol.map and stdenc.map contain such
> duplications, so I regenrated those maps (simply by doing sort -r)
> and committed to EMACS_23_1_RC and trunk.

Thanks.  It becomes more consistent than before.

But maybe I should have checked the mapping more in detail.  It seems
that the preference of the preceding entry does not always give a
consistent result:

03BB    6C      # GREEK SMALL LETTER LAMDA      # lambda
00B5    6D      # MICRO SIGN    # mu
03BC    6D      # GREEK SMALL LETTER MU # mu
03BD    6E      # GREEK SMALL LETTER NU # nu

I don't have a good (non ad-hoc) idea to prefer GREEK SMALL LETTER MU
to MICRO SIGN for this case.

> Do you find any other maps that have duplications?

Though I didn't mechanically checked, there's nothing else I found so
far.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden