Re: Building Emacs on SGI mips/netbsd

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: Building Emacs on SGI mips/netbsd
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 23:17:53 -0700 (PDT)

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

  > Sascha Wilde wrote:
  >
  > > Well, from my current experience I would say mips.h is good enough
  > > at least for non-mips64 R4000 systems (and afaik there is no mips64
  > > netbsd at the moment). I don't have anything else to test, so people
  > > with different hardware or more theoretical knowledge should
  > > probably verify this. But I'd suggest to re-enable mips/netbsd
  > > support asap, so that it can get some wider testing.
  >
  > I have restored the mips netbsd support that was in Emacs 22.

The above seems to say that mips.h is good enough, why add again another
file for the same architecture (we already have 2 for mips: mips.h and
iris4d.h)?
Also, quite a bit of effort has been made to remove unused stuff in the
m/* files, is there anything interesting remaining in that pmax.h file
after removing #defines that are not used anymore?