Re: Add file-locals and dir-locals

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Add file-locals and dir-locals
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 15:31:55 -0400

>> These are nice and useful, but do they need to be in files.el?
> I completely agree.

Agreed.

> The usual convention for a file with additional functionality is to add
> the prefix "-x" to the file name.  This means creating a new file with the
> name "files-x.el" and putting here all code that should not be in the
> dumped image.

I'm not really excited about putting just those 3 new commands all on
their own in a separate file, tho.  Maybe we could find other commands
to go along?  Or maybe it could be moved elsewhere (not sure where,
tho.  Conceptually it's related to customization, so maybe it could fit
into one of the cus*.el file).

        Stefan