M-x gdb on a tty

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: M-x gdb on a tty
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 11:17:23 +0300

Is "M-x gdb" supposed to work correctly on a tty?

If it is, then I think I see some issues with the menu bar: portions
of it seem to get overwritten by GUD-specific strings that have a
different background color (perhaps a distant memory of the tool
bar?), when I am in the GUD buffer.

If "M-x gdb" is _not_ supposed to be used on a character terminal,
then what should the user invoke to debug a program via Emacs in that
case?