Re: Patch Makefile.in to remove .DS_Store on MacOSX

From: Ken Raeburn
Subject: Re: Patch Makefile.in to remove .DS_Store on MacOSX
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 11:45:15 -0400

On Aug 18, 2009, at 10:25, Stefan Monnier wrote:
Who's "we"? I was using subversion for quite a while to manage my local development tree. I just couldn't use it directly from the FSF machines; I had to do my own mirroring. And I did, in fact, keep deletion of .svn
subdirectories as one of my local changes as a result.

That doesn't seem like a problem: the whole reason for you to use such
a VCS was to keep track of local changes, so handling local changes is
obviously not a problem.

Sure, it worked, but we could either make it unnecessary (by copying just the desired files or file name patterns), or make it easier to change the list to be removed after copying. Currently it's buried down in one of many multi-line commands in a makefile target for which the rules are over 130 lines long. And if it's a directory you need to add to the list, actually you probably want to make two changes, one to delete it, and one to get 'find' to not look around inside it for more things to delete explicitly.

Ken