Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs/lisp image.el

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs/lisp image.el
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 02:21:24 +0200

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 01:49, Juri Linkov<address@hidden> wrote:

> Log message:
>        (image-type-header-regexps): Use only JPEG magic number
>        to determine JPEG images, and don't use `image-jpeg-p' because
>        Emacs can display non-JFIF non-Exif JPEG images.

Then we should perhaps obsolete `image-jpeg-p' (which is not used
anymore in the sources).

Currently it does what its docstring says, but there's some of a
mismatch with the name (which seems to imply more generality); also it
is not clear what purpose does serve a function to detect just
JFIF/Exif JPEGs. And generalizing it would turn it into a trivial
two-liner.

    Juanma