Re: Not loading the Registry settings

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: Not loading the Registry settings
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 15:39:52 -0400

On Sep 14, 2009, at 3:14 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:

Something Emacs.app-related came up while discussing something else:

Ouch, I've tried twice to reply to this thread on emacs-devel, but something must be wrong with my GNUs configuration. Let me try again below.

Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> wrote:
I had in fact done that before (though I reused instead the currently
undocumented emacs-quick-startup variable that startup.el uses now).
But I didn't want to mess with the processing of -Q/--quick in the
HAVE_NS block immediately following:

The -Q/-q portion of this can be removed once you've implemented your change, since it implements the same thing. I can clean up the rest in other files once this happens.

(A consensus of NS port users and developers decided a while ago that the semantics of -Q implied that user customizations should not be loaded, even if they come from the resource database instead of .emacs.)

-Adrian