Re: advice needed for multi-threading patch

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: advice needed for multi-threading patch
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 09:09:26 +0900

Tom Tromey writes:

 > Sometimes I wonder whether it would be better to just fork a second
 > emacs and communicate with it using pipes + princ + read.

Everybody at XEmacs who has thought about the problem has come to that
conclusion, although the specifics of how the communication would take
place vary.  (Except for those people who think that changing the Lisp
engine to something with sane semantics for a threading environment
should come first; they usually have a multithreaded implementation of
Scheme in mind anyway.)