Re: support VC operations from dired

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: support VC operations from dired
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 15:45:48 -0700 (PDT)

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:

  > > Here's a minimal patch (minimally tested too) to support diff and log
  > > from dired buffers.
  >
  > Thanks, it works for directories and files in Dired.
  >
  > I have one question: how is it supposed to log/diff the root dir
  > from Dired?

It won't at the moment, at least the `cond' that computes the backend in
vc-root-diff and vc-root-print-log would need to be updated to deal with
dired buffers.

Completely untested:

((derived-mode-p 'dired-mode)  (vc-responsible-backend default-directory))

C-x v g won't work either, vc-annotate seems to want to call
vc-ensure-vc-buffer for some reason.