Re: simplifying beginning-of-defun

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: simplifying beginning-of-defun
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 06:50:40 +0000

Hi, Eric!

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 10:04:48PM -0400, Eric M. Ludlam wrote:

[ .... ]

> In this C++ example:

> namespace foo {

>   int myfcn() {
>     return 1;
>   }

> }

> If the cursor is on the "return", beginning-of-defun-raw gets completely
> lost, cc-mode jumps to namespace, and CEDET jumps to the i in int.

As a matter of interest, the c-beginning-of-defun in the upcoming CC Mode
5.32 now also jumps to the "int".  (There will, of course, be an option
variable for people who really, really want to carry on going back to
"namespace".)  I'm hoping to release this sometime next decade.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).