Re: CEDET merge

From: Eric M. Ludlam
Subject: Re: CEDET merge
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 12:20:38 -0400

On Wed, 2009-10-07 at 01:37 -0400, Chong Yidong wrote:
> > The doc header at the top of pulse.el mentions the function
> > pulse-enable-integration-advice, which has been removed presumably to
> > conform to Emacs "no advice in core" standard. But the comment has not
> > been updated.
> >
> > The patch below fixes this.
>
> Thanks, applied.

While the feature specified which allows fcns such as goto-line to do a
pulse after the line has been gone to is certainly superfluous (I don't
use them), what would be he recommended way to make it possible to make
such changes w/out using advice?

I recognize that `beginning-of-defun' and friends discussed earlier
would be the model, but I can't imagine adding such replacement features
into every user facing command just in case.

For the pulse case, is there an interest in snazzing up the original
function list with pulsing, or is it too gratuitous to even contemplate?

Eric