Re: # in my waste basket

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: # in my waste basket
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 09:09:20 +0200

Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Lennart,

> I was one of those that really think using the waste basket by default
> is TRT.

Ditto.

> But do really all those #some.thing# files have to go there by
> default?

Yeah, backup files that get deleted by the backup cleaning process
shouldn't be moved to the freedesktop trash can.  And the same applies
to the thousands of cached news articles that get expired when I clean
the gnus agent cache.

I'm pretty sure, there are many more exceptions, like all the png files
that get deleted when I clean my doc-view cache...

IMO, moving files to the trash can should be done only if a user does it
interactively in dired or by invoking things like delete-file directly.
On the other hand, when I do M-x gnus-agent-expire it is also an
interactive call, but there I don't want to move the cached files to the
trash...

Bye,
Tassilo