Re: EDE: make project shared objects

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: EDE: make project shared objects
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 14:53:46 -0400

> It would be best to use libtool for linking programs, too -- at least
> when they are linked against shared libraries which are part of the
> project.  But this also makes only sense with an install target.

I do not have a strong opinion on this, but IIUC while autoconf seems to
be usually appreciated, and mostly so as well for automake (tho to
a lesser extent), libtool has many more detractors because it is a lot
more invasive.

So it might be good to support projects using libtool, but I think it
is important not to impose it.

        Stefan