Re: Emacs 23.2 plans

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.2 plans
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:58:56 +0100

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu skrev:
On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 09:31:39 +0100, Jan Djärv <address@hidden> said:

I'm not sure if there's enough time to test this.  Font-related
changes seem pretty tricky to get right.  What about checking this
in but disabling the configure option by default, and enabling it
after Emacs 23.2?

I've done so.  But IMHO a couple of monthe pre-test is time enough
to test it.

It seems that FC_LCD_* used in xftfont.c and xsettings.c are not
defined in /usr/X11/include/fontconfig/fontconfig.h on Mac OS X
10.5.8, which says:

#define FC_MAJOR        2
#define FC_MINOR        4
#define FC_REVISION     2

Perhaps some fallback definitions for FC_LCD_* can be provided
somewhere so that a binary compiled on an older system can use the LCD
features when it runs on a newer one.

I added an #ifdef for FC_LCD_FILTER. If I add fallbacks, the older version won't work. It will refuse to add keywords (lcdfilter) it doesn't know about
and return an error.

        Jan D.