Re: C-x v u for added files in vc-git

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: C-x v u for added files in vc-git
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 12:39:03 +0900

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
> 3. is exactly the goal for the command, to get rid of unwanted changes!
>
> So it seems that if we do the sequence:
>
> git checkout HEAD <file>
> git rm --cached <file>
>
> that take care of all situations.

I don't know _what_ people expect "C-x v u" to do for files that were
never committed, .... but the above sequence (specifically, the "git co")
seems to reset the file's contents to the contents it had at the time it
was added with "git add", in addition to removing it from the list of
added files.

[What happens with CVS?]

-Miles

--
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.  -- Steven Wright