Re: Texinfo

From: Martin Pool
Subject: Re: Texinfo
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:06:12 +1100

2009/12/14 Richard Stallman <address@hidden>:
>    I think a better alternative would be to keep Bazaar documentation in
>    a dialect of reST (or other suitable structured text) and provide a
>    docutils writer to produce Texinfo from that.
>
> Generating the Texinfo sources from some other format is fine.  The
> GNU standards don't say that you need to edit manuals in Texinfo, only
> that they should be available in Texinfo format.
>
> Martin, how about it?

Hi,

I agree we should produce a Texinfo doc.  We have a bug to track this
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/219334> and people have suggested
some tools that may be able to do it.  If somebody who loves Texinfo
will tell me "run tool X with command line Y and it produces good
output" I'll put it in to the Makefile.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>