Re: [23.1.50] C-y not processed immediately on a terminal

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: [23.1.50] C-y not processed immediately on a terminal
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 09:43:18 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> writes:

>     It's not an input method, it's a keyboard encoding (in this case
>     EUC-JP), and that's determined by an outsider party/standard/...

> Perhaps we should support it but warn users to avoid it.  Maybe we
> should offer a modified version adapted to work better with Emacs.

As I wrote, this was a bug of decoder and is already fixed.
As far as I know, all coding systems derived from locale
(and thus automatically used as keyboard coding system) are
ascii-compatible.

It's possible that one tries set ascii-noncompatible coding
system to keyboard coding system manually, but
set-keyboard-coding-system already has a code to signal an
error in such a case.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden