Re: `save-excursion' defeated by `set-buffer'

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: `save-excursion' defeated by `set-buffer'
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 13:51:12 +0100

> I think the warning is a mistake.

I think having the warning in the 23.2 release is a mistake.  Glenn and
others have spent a lot of time to make bootstrapping smooth for the
23.1 release so I was finally able to concentrate on the remaining
issues.  With the present warning bootstrapping has become as cumbersome
as with the pre-23 releases :-(

Why not keep this issue for the 24 release and consider each and every
instance of the problem in separation so we can sort out the concerns
mentioned by David?

martin