changes in python.el to support IPython

From: Fabian Ezequiel Gallina
Subject: changes in python.el to support IPython
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 02:05:36 -0300

Hi everybody,

I made several changes to python.el to support the IPython console.

I always preferred the standard Emacs version of python.el to this one
https://launchpad.net/python-mode but the IPython support was always
making me use the other.

Also, I really think that python's menu item "Start interpreter"
should execute `run-python' instead of `python-shell', mainly because
all the items below use that interpreter to work. With that said I
really don't understand why `python-shell' could be useful at all, my
guess is that it could be set as a defalias to `run-python'.

Regards,
--
Fabián E. Gallina
http://www.from-the-cloud.com