Re: GNU Emacs is on Bazaar now.

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: GNU Emacs is on Bazaar now.
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 11:27:16 +0100

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 05:46, Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> wrote:

> Personally, if I were a hacker doing quick contributions to emacs (the
> sort of thing that ends on one single commit), I would use the
> centralized workflow.

And you would likely get some heat the nth time that you accidentally
committed half-done changes, incomplete changelog entries, partial
commits, etc. All the things that you can do in your local, non-bound
branch and then fix at your own pace before sending it upstream. At
least, I would (receive the heat, I mean, because I would likely do
these mistakes).

I know that I'm not saying anything that you don't know; also that
you've insisted that we're developing Emacs, not creating the
best-looking commit log ever. But it seems best to start recommending
safer, cleaner practices. People who knows better, knows enough to
bypass the recommendations.

    Juanma