Re: bazaar: "unable to obtain lock"

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: bazaar: "unable to obtain lock"
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 07:59:13 +0100

Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> writes:

[snip]

>> I tried that with `cp -R' a day or two
>> ago and `pull' failed.
>
> You probably polluted emacs/.bzr with the contents of
> emacs/trunk/.bzr. I would play safe and remove everything and start from
> scratch.

BTW, if you are very bandwith-constrained, you can do that without
re-downloading:

bzr init-repo new-emacs-shared-repo
cd new-emacs-shared-repo
bzr branch ../emacs/trunk trunk
cd trunk
bzr bind URL_TO_UPSTREAM_TRUNK
cd ..
bzr branch trunk quickfixes
cd ..
rm -rf emacs-shared-repo

This to replicate the recommend setup on BzrForEmacsDevs (re-check the
document just in case I forgot something).

--
Óscar