Re: Compiling Emacs 23.1.92 on Windows fails

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Compiling Emacs 23.1.92 on Windows fails
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 06:17:09 +0200

> Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 15:46:37 -0700
> From: Christoph <address@hidden>
>
> I have been trying to compile Emacs Pretest 23.1.92 on Windows 7
> (cygwin, MinGW, GnuWin32) but haven't had any luck.
>
> I run
>
> configure.bat --no-debug --with-gcc --without-png -cflags
> -IC:\Progra~2\GnuWin32\include
>
> then
>
> make bootstrap

If you are building the pretest, you don't need to bootstrap, just
type "make" after the configure step.

If that doesn't help, I suspect that your combination of Cygwin and
MinGW tools does not work to build the native port of Emacs (see
nt/INSTALL for some combinations that are known to work).  E.g., it
looks like your Make is a Cygwin port, which is known to fail.  It is
best to use only MinGW tools for the build.