Re: bug#5490: 23.1.91; CC Mode, after a while, everything is topmost-int

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: bug#5490: 23.1.91; CC Mode, after a while, everything is topmost-intro.
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 09:59:06 +0900

"Jan D." <address@hidden> writes:
>>     M-: (c-state-cache-init)
>>
>> , and tell me if this clears the buggy state.
>
> No, it does not.  Run with Emacs taken from trunk 2010-02-24, around
> 11.00 UTC.

Yeah, I've been noticing the same problem a lot recently , and
(c-state-cache-init) doesn't seem to help.

Neither does re-invoking c++-mode (which in the past I've found is often
a good way to clear indentation bugs due to c++-mode caching bugs).
Deleting the buffer and re-visiting the file is the only way I've found
to get things working again.

It does seem to always occur somewhere following use of template'd
types though, so I imagine it's probs with the < and > chars.

[The annoying thing is that while it's very repeatable at the time it
occurs, it doesn't repeat for different emacs sessions, so I'm not
entirely sure how to go about reporting the bug...]

-Miles

--
Miss, pn. The title with which we brand unmarried women to indicate that
they are in the market. Miss, Missis (Mrs.) and Mister (Mr.) are the three