called-interactively-p, cedet, and Emacs 23.1 and earlier

From: Eric M. Ludlam
Subject: called-interactively-p, cedet, and Emacs 23.1 and earlier
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:45:36 -0400

Hi,

Lluis has been merging changes from Emacs to CEDET. The idea is to move my CEDET repository to be more easily maintained with Emacs, and getting them close to each other is the first step.

We have recently stumbled over called-interactively-p, which is now used with an argument throughout the Emacs versions of the CEDET code. My externally maintained code I would like to have work in Emacs 22 and 23.1 which does not support the argument, and XEmacs which is missing the feature completely, and is thus easy to make work in this case. Could some kind soul help me define some advice, or other trick I can install in older Emacs to allow this form to work?

Thanks
Eric