Re: git archive stuck at mar 21?

From: Ken Raeburn
Subject: Re: git archive stuck at mar 21?
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 14:00:41 -0400

On Mar 25, 2010, at 10:34, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
> Óscar> The "bzr-to-git" is manually operated by Andreas Schwab, so the git
> Óscar> mirror is updated when he has time enough to do it.
>
> Manually as in "he types a command"?  It would seem that could be completely
> cron-driven, no?

I could guess maybe it's got to be watched for errors or updated for new branch
names or something.  Or maybe it just accesses the bzr repo with his ssh key
that he doesn't want accessible via random cron jobs.  I've got a couple of
mostly-automated tasks where scripts sit around waiting to be run with my SSH
and Kerberos credentials.

One of the ideas being kicked around a while back, if I recall correctly, was
an improved git-bzr that wouldn't require manual bzr commands to recover from
conflicts, maybe could find and mirror all branches instead of having them
explicitly named, could have a hook to guard against wrong-way merges to trunk
(per Emacs dev policy), etc.  Perhaps even something that could be run on
savannah as an additional access method to the bzr repo, automatically syncing
with bzr as needed?  I haven't got the detailed understanding of either system
at the moment to make this work, but has anyone else been thinking about
working on it?

Ken