Re: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch

From: Uwe Siart
Subject: Re: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 08:29:28 +0200

Daniel Colascione <address@hidden> writes:

>> Emacs (luckily) has thousands of features where I do
>> not remember a similar behavior with other applications.
>
> Usually because Emacs predates these other applications.

This is a big advantage of Emacs over "these other applications".

> It seems the most natural thing to do is to kill the buffer iff the
> window killed by closing a tab is the last window showing the given
> buffer.

I disagree. Why should it be? In Emacs there can be buffers with
information that I need over and over again. But I don't want do kill
this information just because I don't need it in a window at the moment.

Your rationale is to disable Emacs because "modern applications" are
disabled and because "modern users" expect those disabilities.

--
Uwe