Re: turn-on-bug-reference-mode, turn-on-bug-reference-prog-mode type fun

From: Chad Brown
Subject: Re: turn-on-bug-reference-mode, turn-on-bug-reference-prog-mode type functions
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 12:43:51 -0700

I think either method suggested by Richard would be workable, but I
will point out that I have, in the past, wanted the additional forms
to turn *off* a minor mode in a hook.  I don't expect this to be the
most common use case, so if we don't want to leave in/create more
turn-off-minor-mode functions, we could perhaps provide explicit
instructions for a turn-off in hook form in the documentation?   For
example, when looking at hideshow recently, I saw that it included
a suggestion to consider adding to .emacs:

  (add-hook 'ediff-prepare-buffer-hook 'turn-off-hideshow)

If this has already been covered I apologize for wasting time.

Thanks,
*Chad