Re: VC and bzr.

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: VC and bzr.
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 23:16:33 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

[snip]

>> but if you prefer turn my comment into "IMHO, it is wrong to cut down
>> global VC features just because some backend is broken"
>
> It's not ``some backend'', it's _the_ backend for Emacs development.

I don't know why those Emacs users who use Subversion, Git, Mercurial
etc may see how some convenient feature go away just because the VCS
used for Emacs development is... not as fast as others.

Following the true Emacs spirit, is it a good idea to introduce a
backend-specific variable for selectively enabling/disabling the VC info
shown on the modeline? It would be set to a sensible default for each
backend.