list-process strange error

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: list-process strange error
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 01:14:43 +0200

I just got this very strange error when trying to do "M-x list-processes":

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument char-or-string-p
("c:/Perl/site/bin/perly_sense.pl" "flymake_file"
"--file=bug495770-heredoc_demo_flymake.pl"))
  list-processes(nil)
  call-interactively(list-processes t nil)
  execute-extended-command(nil)
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)

Anyone has any idea what this could be?

A possibility is that some resource is exhausted on w32. I think some
checks are lacking there and I see very strange things because of this
sometimes. It is probably related to GDI objects which gets exhausted,
but I am not sure. (That GDI objects gets exhausted is a long standing
bug in Windows XP.)