Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r100059: (bug-reference-url-format): Mark as `

From: Davis Herring
Subject: Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r100059: (bug-reference-url-format): Mark as `safe-local-variable' if the value
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 09:25:50 -0700 (PDT)

> A `safe-local-variable' property must be a function of one argument
> (or nil).

Ah, sorry; I don't know why I thought t was allowed.  But the code I was
commenting on would fail with nil too, as I said, so the point remains.

While reading further I also see that we already have
`safe-local-variable-values' for the case where particular values need to
be marked as safe, which certainly satisfies the stated desire to allow
one additional value for a variable without the `lambda' trickery.
Perhaps the `safe-file-function' property would nonetheless be useful to
avoid having to add many different things to s-l-v-v.

Davis

shipping.