Re: Now the debugger crashes instead of Emacs...

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Now the debugger crashes instead of Emacs...
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 07:59:17 -0400

> From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 05:04:49 +0200
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> > How did you invoke GDB, exactly?  The Windows port of GDB does not
> > support core files (and that's what the error messages tell you), but
> > it sounds like your invocation asked GDB to debug such a core file.
>
> In a command file with a line like this
>
>    gdb -ex=run --args %emacs-exe% %*

And that command file was invoked with what command line?  (Really,
Lennart, you should learn to provide all the details, even if they
don't look important to you.)

> Most of the time it works, but this time it failed.

Could it be that it fails when the expansions of %emacs-exe% or %*
include unquoted white space?

> I believe it might have something to do with that i have a command
> that restarts Emacs and this will call this file again.

Sorry, I don't understand this.  Please explain.

> I looks like the debugger is trying to reuse something. Maybe semaphores.

No, the debugger is simply utterly confused.