Re: arrow keys vs. C-f/b/n/p

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: arrow keys vs. C-f/b/n/p
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 07:27:33 +0900

This is not directly related to the current topic but...

In article <address@hidden>, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> The current Emacs supports two text directions and two paragraph
> directions.  Both can be either left-to-right (L2R) or right-to-left
> (R2L).

> Paragraph direction determines whether the text starts at the left
> window margin or at the right margin.  Text direction determines
> the direction in which text is read.

How about using the word "orientation" for "paragraph
direction" to avoid confusion?  I my experiense, many people
misunderstood that even latin letters are written from right
to left in a paragraph (or a buffer) of "r2l direction".
After I started using the word "orientation", it seems that
such miunderstandings decreased.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden