Re: The unwarranted scrolling assumption

From: David De La Harpe Golden
Subject: Re: The unwarranted scrolling assumption
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 23:16:48 +0100

On 19/06/10 22:17, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 21:13:23 +0100
From: David De La Harpe Golden<address@hidden>

I can still get it to happen easily by ramping up keyboard repeat rate,
but it happens quite often on HELLO even at reasonable rates.

Thanks for testing.

HELLO turns on bidi-display-reordering, which affects scrolling
through problems that are specific to the bidi redisplay.  Can you
still see recentering if you turn bidi-display-reordering off in
HELLO, like this:

   M-: (setq bidi-display-reordering nil)

?

Yes. And to be clear: it happens on files other than HELLO too, including window.c. It just happens particularly often on HELLO.

Aside: HELLO looks distinctly odd around the arabic lines in emacs -Q but not with my normal config. Probably independent from the immediate scrolling issue and possibly font-dependent, I'll file a separate bug.