Re: Window configurations

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Window configurations
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 08:35:17 +0200

> Does this mean that now it's possible to create/restore
> window configurations in Elisp?

As a matter of fact I expected you to write that.  Your proposals in
this context were pretty convincing so that I even threw out some
routines I wrote earlier (mostly for putting frames into windows and
vice versa).

So please have a look into what I wrote and tell me what you need to
make your code work.  We could provide functions like `make-window',
`set-window-parent', `set-window-vchild', ... in Elisp and write a C
function - say `replace-window' - which replaces an existing (internal)
window with an (internal) window constructed by the routines mentioned
before.

But I'd do that iff your "construct configuration from sexps" approach
really profited from it since we'd have to augment the window structure
by new_parent, new_vchild, new_sibling, ... fields which is cumbersome.

martin