Re: emacs server with X11 build on OSX

From: Leo
Subject: Re: emacs server with X11 build on OSX
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 16:56:08 +0100

On 2010-08-02 15:57 +0100, Juanma Barranquero wrote:
> That is not server.el-specific, is it? I mean, you're getting an error
> on calling make-network-process to create a TCP server. Do you get an
> error from
>
> (make-network-process :name "server" :server t :family nil :service t
> :host 'local)

Yeah make-network-process is the problem; it is in C and I don't know
how to fix it.

I have used the following in server-start as workaround:

 (make-network-process :name "server" :server t :family 'ipv4 :service t)

BTW, with the server running over TCP, I can eval sexp in a shell script
from another machine and inform emacs what's going on there. That is
very useful when my code and build are in two different machines.

Kind regards,
Leo