Re: "pasteboard doesn't contain valid data" on OSX

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: "pasteboard doesn't contain valid data" on OSX
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 08:25:19 +0200

David De La Harpe Golden skrev 2010-08-08 23.07:
On 08/08/10 20:17, Jan Djärv wrote:
It is known. Part of the selection-changes being done.
The attached patch fixes it (nsselect.m changes by David De La Harpe
Golden).

Eep. No it doesn't, as noted under #6677, and that's an earlier version too,
doesn't take into account the subsequent discovery of pasteboard names
gnustep/x11's pasteboard daemon apparently uses for PRIMARY ("Selection") and
SECONDARY ("Secondary"). (CLIPBOARD of course being General Pasteboard).

I run Emacs on OSX every day and I do test things before posting them. It fixes it in the sense that M-w C-y works and copy/paste to/from other applications also work. As 6677 sais, I did modify ns-term.el. I assume there are other things that doesn't work, but at least this gives a workable Emacs while waiting for the real fix.

        Jan D.