Re: The copyright issue

From: Walter Alejandro Iglesias
Subject: Re: The copyright issue
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 17:52:22 +0200

Andreas Röhler <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 06.08.2010 13:25, schrieb Deniz Dogan:

>>> Of couse not! In a perfect world everyone would run GNU/Hurd...
>>>

>> In a perfect world everyone would run free software.
>>

> As it's written: Once the lamb sleeps beneath the lion - but all
> people have to (do what ?) ;-)

Utopia, perfection, freedom.  Static concepts.  Products.

People pay for comfort.  Pay, for example, for an OS where "popular"
software-hardware works out of the box.  Some day this
software-hardware is outdated, it is not popular anymore.  So,
everybody trashes it and buys a new one.

Don't think, "Just do it".  Don't ask yourself why to do this of that,
why you've done what you've done along your life.  Be pragmatic, be
concrete, be specific.  Think in something new.  Be like another
transmission gear in the machine.  Do you think you are special? :)

Myopia and statistics say this way of life works.  Recursively, it is
working because it is popular.  People pay for an ideology, pay for a
way of life, pay for a concept, in the same way they pay for an OS and
this dress that use that actress in that box-office hit film.  Don't
think, it is bad for your health, it wrinkles your brow.

People comfortably live in this kind of world because they lack of
genuine ambition.  Their ambition is as irrational as hungry; traduced
to software marketing their hungry ask for "new look and more
features".  But don't take it literally, whatever shit imitating the
look and feel and promising the same new features of this product for
which a big company put millions in marketing.

So, put them in a perfect world (a world with no past and no future)
and they will ask you for more.  More shit.

By the way, has someone understood 'tit for tat' Linus Torvald's
argument?  Does Linus really knows why he chose GPL?  Was really he
who chose GPL or somebody else convinced him with the argument that it
would be the better way LINUX get popular?

People like chocolates, candy, cars, video games, freedom...