Re: Key bindings proposal

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: Key bindings proposal
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 17:14:24 -0700

Lennart Borgman wrote:
> I might misremember, but I think that was not possible. That was one
> of the reason I added the low level keyboard hook to my patched Emacs.

i researched this about 3 months ago, and in one of the doc page, it stated no. (can't find the page at the moment, but i should be able to find it if anyone needs)

here's what i've written on my AutoHotkey tutorial:
«the “Win+L” (lock computer) and “Win+U” (easy access center) cannot be disabled.»
http://xahlee.org/mswin/autohotkey_examples.html

it was quoted or rephrased from one of the page in the official doc. (i myself didn't need/want to disable it)

basically, it's easy to completely disable the Win key. Can be done with IntelliType that is bundled with every Microsoft keyboards, thru a GUI.

but there are certain Win+key combinations that's hard or impossible. See e.g. http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=345326

btw, same situation with Mac. Certain Opt+key and/or Cmd+key are hard to disable.

Xah